Monday, 12 October 2009

Westminster to Borough






     Well this week has been a great week! It was off to a great start when for the first time this whole semester I did NOT get called on in Shakespeare! Hallelujah. I think my professor is finally catching on to the fact that I’m starting to not like him or his class, so he’s being a bit carefulJ. It really was a pretty eventful week around London. Some of us went on a tour of Westminster Abbey and that was really fun, that’s another one of those amazing buildings where you’re just in awe of how they could build something so huge and so beautiful so long ago. It’s crazy! 

     We also went up to Kent and did a 9-mile “country walk” with our Stake President and that was a really fun day! Even though it was wet and cold, when you’re walking through such charming landscapes, it’s pretty hard to find something to complain about. England is so green and has quaint little buildings and churches with graveyards tucked in everywhere and it is so great! No matter how much country I see, it never gets old- -unless I’m on that dreaded bus…






     After about half of us taking a day to get over being sick, we did one of my favorite things around the city since I’ve been here this week. One word—HARROD’S. Oh my gosh, that place is unbelievable!!! I had heard great things but it was so much better than I was expecting! We started out in the food area where they literally have every kind of food you can imagine, including the best mini chocolate coconut cupcakes I’ve ever had! Another thing they have-a place to actually purchase high fashion clothes. I’ve always thought high fashion was a somewhat pointless industry-after seeing some items in person-I realized it is in fact pointless. Who feels good about dropping 3500 pounds on Dolce & Gabbana high heels? Well I felt paranoid just holding them, I can’t imagine actually purchasing them! Crazy rich people. I did however LOVE walking through the designer wedding dress section, there were some incredible dresses! And yes, I did feel like a pauper walking through the store in my purple Vans and bright red rain coat…way posh! Will you tell Bamma that I found a dog bed for Bitsy there, she can get it for the low price of 400 pounds!  Because not only do dogs need to be dressed as humans, they also need luxurious beds? As you can see, Harrod’s is pretty much just a magical place where very few people can actually afford to shop. But it sure is fun to walk around there!




     Another first this week, Borough Market! It’s just like a giant Costco under London Bridge-samples EVERYWHERE! I had some of THE best food! I also turned over a new leaf and tried tons of cheese and actually liked it all, Lyndsey will be so proudJ. I also tried Turkish delight because Chronicles of Narnia has always made me curious. Yeah, it’s not that good. However, the list of good food definitely outweighed the bad, but I’ll spare you those details. It was a really fun thing to do on Saturday though! Another successful week in London!





1 comment:

  1. I like your cool font. I actually feel like I'm reading your journal without your permission:)

    ReplyDelete