I haven't been too great at keeping this updated so I'll just hit the big points of the last few weeks. We took a quick two-day group trip to Wales. Not to be pessimistic but we didn't get to see the beautiful Wales that I had heard so much about. Instead we were in a somewhat sketchy city called Cardiff and saw hardly any of the countryside I was looking forward to. My favorite part of the trip was during our church history tour. We stopped off and saw a few churches and heard some really cool stories about the early Church in England. Our last stop was Herefordshire Beacon, a "small hike" up a hill overlooking a beautiful valley. Our guide said he took a group of 80-year old temple workers up the mountain--yet there I was huffing and puffing to make it to the top. It was sad. Even though I felt bad for myself during the straight up walk, it was SO worth it! It was beautiful up there!
I looked like a child but that's okay, it was fun! We had a great party carving pumpkins, dancing to Thriller and making caramel apples. I was so pleased with my pumpkin because even though I'm 19 years old, I have never carved my own pumpkin. However, since my daddy wasn't here to carve it for me--I did it with my friend Kacey and we made one great Harry Potter pumpkin, if I do say so myself! It was a successful party because all of the girls came out and we did something fun together out of our own free will (besides school and dinner). There are such awesome girls here, it's so much fun getting to know everyone! It was also fun because we were babysitting the most darling little kids and it's just not Halloween without kids!
Halloween day itself was one of the best Halloweens I've had. We started off the morning at Borough Market which is always a success. I discovered the best shortbread cookies PLUS warm apple cider--the taste of fall :) I could not have been happier!
The rest of the night was spent on the London Eye and Hard Rock Cafe in our costumes. I didn't feel like looking like a 14-year old again so my friend and I tried to be 80's. Instead we ended up looking like Vivian and Kit from Pretty Woman. It was shameful. Even though I was hating my costume it was a great night! Not to mention, I got to hold a KISS guitar at Hard Rock so that was pretty sweet!
On our way home along the Thames we came across the best doughnuts I have ever had in my life and it topped off a great Halloween!
One of my favorite things about London is how long they celebrate Christmas. I love Thanksgiving but I always feel short handed when it comes to Christmas music and lights. Since they don't do Thanksgiving here it goes straight from Halloween to Christmas and I'm so happy about it!
No comments:
Post a Comment